October 2015 Minutes

Dallas Intergroup
10/31/2015
Intergroup meeting
MINUTES
MEMBERS ATTENDING:  Karen R., Gloria S., Derisa P., Trish R., Christy K., Johnnie R., and Diana (on the phone).

  1. LAST MEETING’S REVIEW OF THE MINUTES
    1. Derisa P. approved the minutes and Johnnie R. 2nd it.
  2. TREASURER’S REPORT
    1. The Activity Detail report was printed, handed out and read by Karen R. Johnnie R.
      approved the minutes and Derisa P. 2nd it.
    2. Derisa P. suggested that the treasurer  create a report that shows what each group has contributed, instead of a lump sum as this report shows, so that follow ups can be made to the groups who are not consistently contributing.  Karen R. will follow up with Nancy and will report back to the group at the Nov. meeting.
  3. WEBSITE REPORT
    1. No report given
  4. LITERATURE CLOSET REPORT-
    1. No report given just a reminder that Christy K. is training Gloria S. as the new Chair.  Congratulations Gloria S.!
  5. OLD BUSINESS
    1. REQUEST FOR MEETING TREASURERS TO ATTEND IG MEETINGS
      1. Trish R. has stepped down as IG rep for the Sat. meeting in order for someone else to have the experience of being the rep.  Linda B. has volunteered to be the new IG rep for the Sat. meeting.  Trish R. remains the Area 2 rep.
      2. Some group treasurers already attend the IG meeting:  Gloria S treasurer of the Tuesday meeting and Johnnie R. treasurer of the Friday meeting.
      3. Christy K. will volunteer to be the IG rep for Monday and will bring her suggestion before the Monday group sometimes before the next IG meeting.
    2. CONCERNS ABOUT 7TH TRADITION
      1. There is some concern that groups are collecting the 7th tradition but not sending collections in to the Area.
    3. IDEAS ON WAYS TO CARRY THE MESSAGE
      1. Invite a friend – Utah group
      2. Be sure and have new comer packets on hand instead of having new comers buy literature – OK group
      3. Create and hang posters in well populated places:  library, hospital, etc.
      4. Public Service Announcements in the newspaper and on the radio
      5. Take CEA HOW posters to hand out in other 12 step groups – Derisa P.
      6. Gloria will look into current Health Fairs and Karen R. will check with the church in Bedford, TX. Both will report back to the group next month
      7. Share on Facebook – Gloria S.
      8. Door to Door handing out flyers, and buy a CEA HOW yard sign - Diana
    4. SPONSORSHIP WORKSHOP
      1. Tabled until the Nov. 21st meeting
  6. NEW BUSINESS
    1. GETTING THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS-CAN WE HANDLE THIS AT THE MEETING LEVEL?
      1. Karen R. suggested that we begin announcing that each group will have a special “Surviving the Holidays” meeting or after-meeting before Thanksgiving.  IG decided that the special meeting for the Saturday group will happen on Nov. 14, 2015.
    2. NEW LITERATURE
      1. Tabled until next IG meeting
    3. NEW LITERATURE FORM FOR INTERGROUPS
      1. Tabled until next IG meeting
    4. Area 2 Assembly
      1. Registration is now open for the Area 2 Assembly
  7. Next IG Meeting
    1. November 21, 2015