Can't Stop Eating?
Compulsive Eater? Food Addict?
Help is available and success is possible!
What is Compulsive Eaters Anonymous-HOW?
CEA-HOW is a fellowship of men and women who meet to share their experience, strength and hope with one another in order that they may solve their common problem and help those who still suffer to recover from compulsive eating. CEA-HOW meetings offer a disciplined and structured approach to the compulsive eater who accepts the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions as a program of recovery.
Purpose of CEA-HOW
Our primary purpose is to stop eating compulsively. We welcome in fellowship and friendly understanding all those who share our common problem.
Requirement for Membership
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
Cost for Membership
There are no dues or fees for CEA-HOW membership. We are self-supporting through our own contributions.
What CEA-HOW offers you
Acceptance — You will learn to accept yourself as you are now, as you were, as you will be.
Understanding — Through sharing with others, you will gain new understanding of the problems you face.
Communication — Because we find we identify with each other, communication becomes the natural result of our mutual understanding and acceptance.
Relief — Having found acceptance, understanding and communication with others, we find a new self-acceptance and self-understanding as well as relief from our compulsive eating.
Power — Through practicing the 12-Step recovery program and believing in a power greater than oneself, along with the fellowship of the group, a door is opened to a new way of life.
Is CEA-HOW for you?
Only you can answer that question. No one else can decide for you. We in CEA-HOW have found a way of life that enables us to live without the need for excess food. We believe that compulsive eating is a progressive illness that, like alcoholism, can be arrested. There is no shame in admitting you have a problem. The most important thing is to find a solution. We in CEA-HOW have found a new way of life through our common solution.
A personal story
My name is Ruth R.
I am a compulsive eater.
I would like to take a moment to share my success with this program. I grew up an overweight child and became an overweight adult. I tried everything I could find to solve my problem and never saw success. I was a compulsive eater of the extreme kind. Not only had I never achieved real weight loss but I had never seen an example of success — not till I found the rooms of CEA-HOW. I found many examples of success in the rooms. I have released more than 100 pounds thanks to CEA-HOW.
15 Questions for You
- Do you eat when you are not hungry?
- Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason?
- Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after eating compulsively?
- Do you give too much time and thought to food?
- Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone?
- Do you plan these secret eating binges ahead of time?
- Do you eat sensibly with others and make up for it alone?
- Is your weight affecting the way you live your life?
- Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal?
- Do you resent others telling you to “use a little will power” to stop eating compulsively?
- Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet on your own whenever you wish?
- Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime?
- Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble?
- Have you ever been treated for obesity or food-related conditions?
- Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy?