DALLAS AREA INTERGROUP MEETING MINUTES
Those attending: Boneta, DeRisa, Johnnie, Karen R., Lois, Tricia, Zinda
Karen R. called the meeting to order and opened with the Serenity Prayer.
The minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed; Tricia made the motion to approve the minutes; Johnnie seconded. Minutes approved.
- TREASURER – No report given.
- WEBSITE REPORT: Flyer for workshop has been posted to the site.
- LITERATURE: No report given. Still in need of a new Literature chair.
OLD BUSINESS –
- 2015 Workshop Planning – The Workshop will be held on Saturday, September 12 from 1:30-3:30 pm with the option to meet at 12:30 for a byo sack lunch and fellowship. PLACE: FUMC in Richardson, Room 225 of the Education Building (Saturday 9 a.m. meeting location). PRESENTATIONS: Gloria to coordinate the panel discussion; Linda S. “Pick Up Your Baby,” Derisa “Laughter Yoga. VOLUNTEERS TO PROVIDE: DeRisa - water bottles and bubbles; Gloria - name tags, raffle tickets; Johnnie - door prizes, Karen R. - cooler and ice for water, and notebooks. Tricia will provide a basket for donations and the raffle tickets.
- NEW OFFICERS NEEDED – Literature Closet, Co-Chair
NEW BUSINESS –
- Concerns about 7th Tradition
- New Sponsor Guidelines
- Convention Report: DeRisa reported that Dallas contributions have declined. Rae Z. raised the concern at the convention that CEA-HOW is not growing. Please announce at meetings and ask members to contribute suggestions as to how to carry the message forward. Submit any/all ideas to DeRisa (email@example.com) or Tricia (Tricia623@verizon.net).
Lois made a motion to adjourn the meeting; DeRisa seconded. Motion passed.
Karen adjourned the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.
Next Meeting: September 26, 2015