DALLAS AREA INTERGROUP MEETING MINUTES
Those attending: Boneta, DeRisa, Johnnie, Karen R., Tricia, Zinda
Karen, Intergroup Chair, called the meeting to order and opened with the Serenity Prayer.
The minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed; Johnnie made the motion to approve the minutes; Tricia seconded. Motion passed.
- TREASURER – Nancy sent a full report via email and confirmed in a follow up email that $1000.00 was sent to WSO in February of this year. We currently have excess funds in the amount of $1631.00.
- WEBSITE REPORT: Johnnie reported that the July 17-19, 2015 Global Convention Registration information is posted and the link will be added. She will update minutes to the site soon.
- LITERATURE: No report given. Literature closet not open today as no one has a key. It was suggested that we consider keeping a key in the 11 a.m. meeting literature box – which is locked. Will discuss further at next meeting.
OLD BUSINESS –
- Stories on the Website: More stories needed – a little more in depth. Encourage your sponsees to write their stories. Remember to announce this at meetings.
- Prepare Binder Re: Steps to Holding Retreats/Workshops – Ginna will track the timeline and retreat planning meeting agendas and minutes. No update given.
NEW BUSINESS –
- Ideas on getting more people involved – We welcomed Boneta as the IG rep the Duncanville meeting. Karen posed the question: WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET PEOPLE INVOLVED? How can we, as an Intergroup, help eliminate the fear of serving? A discussion ensued as to how to generate interest among newcomers. How can we create excitement about being involved, being “in the know” as to what’s going on? What makes us WANT to do service? Service is key in staying abstinence- suggest that “service is slimming.” We were challenged to personally invite members to attend an IG meeting without being a rep – just come check us out!
- 2015 Workshop Planning – Possible themes were discussed – as well as topic suggestions. We are encouraged to ask newcomers to give input as to what they’d like to have included in a workshop. Possible theme: FREEDOM TO BE HAPPY – with an emphasis on including LAUGHTER – why shouldn’t we laugh? DeRisa is willing to offer Laughter Yoga as part of the workshop. Other topic suggestions were recipe-sharing and recovering from shame. It was decided that at our May meeting a Workshop Committee would be formed. (Note: At March meeting DeRisa, Lueretha, Tricia and Karen R. offered to help with this.)
Zinda made a motion to adjourn the meeting; Johnnie seconded. Motion passed.
Karen adjourned the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.